Wednesday, July 8, 2015

First review!: PS of Sweden Flat Out Revolution Bridle

**View updated review here**


I was searching for a new and unique bridle and saw my first PS of Sweden reviews on the900dollarfacebookpony.com and iamthesprinklerbandit.blogspot.com. PS of Sweden stocks a variety of anatomical bridles for dressage and jumping as well as other tack. My first purchase was their 3-point breastplate for Frosty which I LOVE (need to get some photos for a review on that later) but I couldn't bring myself to try a bridle at full price especially since they come less reins. When the flat out revolution bridle came up with reins in their outlet sale for a great price, I just had to try one for myself Click for bridle (link has full price).

Bridle on Speck
Pros: 
Fully removable flash attachment-My horses don't need a flash and I hate the look of the tab on the noseband when the flash is removed, this bridle gives the option of removing the flash strap AND the tab for a cleaner look 

Reins- I got this bridle in the outlet sale so it came with the PS softy/supergrip reins Click for reins. I am really enjoying these reins, they are super soft leather on the top and have a grippy rubber underside, they don't tear up my hands and are not stiff like some rubber reins but offer plenty of grip and are comfortable to hold, they also come with PS logo martingale stoppers. 

Color- The leather is a nice rich chocolate brown and matches my PS breastplate perfectly 

Sizing- Speck is a pretty typical cob size and the fit is spot-on for him

Wide noseband- I have always wanted a wide noseband bridle for this horse, I think it looks amazing on him! 

Crownpiece design- The bridles are designed with an "anatomical" crown piece, while I don't find that my horses had any issues with the regular crown piece I do like the curved and padded crown design on this bridle, and it gives plenty of room for horses with larger ears. 

Better view of crownpiece-notice allowance of optimum ear-swivel capabilities


Cons: 
No throatlatch- The claim on the website is these bridles don't require a throatlatch because the specially designed crownpiece holds the bridle in place. I foxhunt and ride my horses on trails. I need my bridle to stay ON. I require a throatlatch. period. 
Luckily the option is available to buy the throatlatch separately, which I did, however it arrived with no holes (??) I had to add my own with a leather punch which thankfully I had in the tack room. The throatlatch attaches to the browband with snaps, this may work great for riding in the ring but I found they came unsnapped on the trail (not good!) so I glued the snaps shut...problem solved for now. 

Clips for bit/reins- Not really a PS specific thing, this is my first bridle with the clips...I have this lingering paranoia that my horse is going to clip his face to something, they also rattle around a bit, this does not seem to bother Speck though.

Leather quality/durability- Let me preface this by saying I live in Amish country and am very lucky to have access to Amish made tack and leather products, this tack is hands down the nicest, most durable leather and highest quality stitching I have seen anywhere including high end tack stores. 
The PS bridle has decent leather and stitching but I am not sure if it will hold up to foxhunting and trail riding like my Amish made bridle, only time will tell! 

Bottom line: This is a cool looking and unique bridle that I got for a great price, my horse seems comfortable in it and it works well. I would give it 5 stars for looks and 4 stars for functionality (after the addition of throatlatch and gluing of snaps). I need to see how it holds up in the coming year to rate the durability. Overall I feel this would be a great bridle for someone who rides in the ring or lightly on the trails but I have some doubts about it as a foxhunting bridle and will stick with my Amish made tack for that. 


1 comment:

  1. Why not come and post your super equestrian blog at Haynet for more to read and follow? Come and join us at www.hay-net.co.uk to meet more equestrian bloggers!

    ReplyDelete