Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tennessee

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters."-Norman Maclean 





One week from a very brief trip to east Tennessee and a little over a year from moving I miss the state of TN like one would miss an old friend. Scenes from my life there are always present in some corner of my mind. Waterfalls and the mist that settled in the foothills in the early morning, the sounds of coyotes and chorus frogs on Spring evenings. I dream about it at night and daydream during the day, sometimes it feels so close. I'm so in love with that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment