Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Tack addiction: Top 5 things I can't stop buying

Not much has been going on lately as far as riding, I don't think I have ridden in maybe...2-3 weeks? Its times like this when I wonder if my horses are still going to be broke for my next ride. In light of having nothing riding related to blog about I thought I would write a little on my second favorite horse hobby...buying tack and horse accessories. My favorite things to shop for include:

1. Bridles
And strap goods in general...I love quality leather and unique touches that stand out!
Frosty wearing her Barville harness bridle with soft-grip rubber reins *drool*



2. Horse boots 
I don't know why I like buying these...I only use boots or polos when I ride in the ring, and I only ride in the ring about once every 6 months (maybe?), my latest purchase...hot pink velcro bell boots for John's horse that wears them for turnout. I also got a good deal on a pair of like new equifit T boots for Frosty a few months ago, but have yet to use them since I haven't been doing any ring work.

Yes these are for a gelding...

3. Grooming tools
This is a fairly recent addiction, as most of my old grooming stuff has been getting worn out. My grooming tool obsession is heavily skewed towards the Oster stuff, especially since it comes in pink! 
Favorite brush ever!






4. Western stuff 
Since I got a western saddle for Speck a few months ago I of course had to pick up a whole new set of accessories for it. Cinch, saddle pad (picking a western saddle pad=totally different ball game from english!). Next up may be a headstall in some obnoxious color and a set of split reins. 

Western saddle/cinch+aussie breastplate+english bridle
5. Shampoo/bath scrubbies/detangler/other goop 
I use plain Ivory dish soap for my everyday bathing because it is gentle and does not dry my horses' hair out. Since Speck is grey he is great for experimenting and testing out whatever stain removing product or bathing scrubber strikes my fancy. I also use detangler often on him since he has a long mane and thick tail.

Looking sharp! *he is usually some shade of brown/green depending on the season*





3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love buying horsey stuff! My problem is that Galahad is an Exmoor so the things I can actually justify buying for him are pretty limited. I finally have a reason to buy travel boots for him and it is ever so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you post of a photo of the boots on him when you get them, he is so cute!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Don't worry, I will be too excited to not post pictures!

      Delete