Monday, July 27, 2015

Grooming box essentials

There are some horse themed YouTube channels that do "grooming kit tours." I'm way too awkward to do one on camera but wanted to share my grooming box anyway :)

Grooming box: I have the Little Giant grooming box in hot pink, I got it from Jeffer's Equine, they have the widest selection of colors I have found and shipped my box for no extra freight cost 

Brush compartment: I keep all my brushes in here, I have the Oster hard brush, curry comb, and hoof pick, as well as a mane/tail brush and a pair of scissors which I use for Speck's bridle path since he is not a fan of the clippers. 

Detangler/goop compartment: The every day "goop" compartment. I have Cowboy Magic detangler, which is an absolute essential for Speck's long mane. I also have Hoof Heal which I sometimes use to add moisture to feet when the weather is dry (good feet really come from the inside out but I like this stuff anyway because it at least "feels" like I'm doing something). The white/purple bottle is Tail Tamer Mug Balm fly repellent/sun screen for faces, I usually don't go for natural type fly repellents but this stuff is the ONLY thing I have found that keeps deer flies away from ears on trail rides, and it has built-in sunscreen, sweet! 

Fly spray-The purple spray bottle has the Repel-X concentrate mixed at the higher recommended dilution. This is an effective fly spray at a good price for the concentrate. Under the fly spray bottle I have my Blocker tie ring for the trailer. 

Boots/polo wraps: Not sure why these are in here since I only use them for ring work and only ride in the ring maybe twice a year. I have the Equi-fit T boots with velcro closures for Frosty as well as a pair of camo polo wraps with pink velcro from Whinney Wear.






No comments:

Post a Comment