Monday, June 29, 2015

Focus, fitness, and other F-words

I got to ride both ponies last weekend (Frosty on Friday evening and Speck on Sunday evening), and the theme of this weekends rides was pretty much the title of this post.

Frosty got ridden on the trails at Spring Valley park on Friday. In a rush to get to the park and have time to ride while there was still plenty of daylight I forgot my martingale and apparently my brain as well. I was spacey and unfocused, my riding was lackluster and her performance reflected that, including spooking at (apparently) nothing and refusing a small jump we have done several times before (she did fine on the second try). She still looks cute as hell with her mohawk though.



Speck and I traveled to the final Andrew's Bridge Hunt trail ride on Sunday evening. The weather was great, no bugs, perfect temperature and Speck did amazing, he even saw Amish buggies for the first time and didn't really mind! I, however, rode like absolute shit, which was evident in seeing pictures afterwards. I am disappointed in myself for not keeping up with my own fitness during the past year, my first full year in an office job. I have zero core strength or endurance, I am essentially a marshmallow. I think the best shape I have ever been in was during undergrad when I was riding 1 or more horses 3 times a week plus taking yoga classes which I loved and really improved my riding as well. I had to share this picture of Speck because I think it is such a cool shot of his gait. My position in the photo was a definite NOPE.



No comments:

Post a Comment