Friday, December 2, 2016

The start of the winter doldrums-and incentives for thoroughbred trail horses

dol·drums
noun
a state or period of inactivity, stagnation, or depression


This is a short post, I have not been blogging much because not much has been going on (not much positive that I feel like documenting anyway). With the time change my riding really gets limited as it is dark when I leave and get home from work. I don't have an arena and am not hardcore enough to ride around the farm when it is pitch black out :). I am working 7 days now (part time days on the weekends) which is kind of exhausting, but I like money so here we are. The stock tank heaters are in and blankets are on. All the horses at home have been trace/steeplechaser clipped, however, both sets of clippers died in the process so I am on the hunt for some A5 style clippers (gave up on the heavy clipmaster model a while ago, I can't make decent lines with those to save my life!)

Image result for oster clipmaster
Nope.

I did find this interesting article on the Paulick Report, it states that the thoroughbred incentive program will be starting a pleasure/trail division with the opportunity to earn points for time spent trail riding. It is really nice to see this option available, especially for someone like me who does not show! Just wanted to pass this along for any other TB trail riders out there!

Article here:
http://www.paulickreport.com/horse-care-category/jockey-club-announces-inclusion-pleasuretrail-horses-thoroughbred-incentive-program/

My own TB trail horse

1 comment: