Thursday, December 15, 2016

Horse product anti-haul (aka-what I'm not going to buy)

It's no secret that I love to shop for tack and horse things (especially online)...maybe a little too much. I also love watching youtube, one of the trends on youtube right now is people doing "anti haul" videos about things they are NOT going to buy. I think this is a really fun concept and thought I would try to do an equestrian version! **disclaimer** these are just my opinions on things that I don't think would work for me personally,  if you love them/they work for you that is awesome!

1. Five point breastplate-I loveee any type of strap good (bridles, breastplates, martingales, reins etc.) but the one thing that has never caught my eye is the five point style breastplate. So many straps, so much to clean!...and the sheepskin...which leads me to my second "anti haul" item...

Ovation 4-Star 5-Point Eventing Breastplate

2. Anything sheepskin-I had a sheepskin hunter pad once, it was so soft and looked amazing under my saddle...and wouldn't stay put for love or money, I swear that was the slipperiest pad I have ever put on a horse. I ended up selling it on ebay. It was also impossible to keep clean and a PITA to wash.
Fleeceworks Show Hunter Wool Pad
3. Any turnout 600 denier or less-Had one of these once, was like it was made of tissue paper. May work if your horse is turned out alone..in a field with no trees or sticks...and never moves or rolls, basically if you have a toy horse.
Schleich World of Nature: Farm Life Collection - Tennessee Walking Horse Stallion
4. More bridles-There, I said it, I, Christa R. will not buy any more bridles (*cough* at least until I sell one of my current ones) but srsly, there is no reason for one person to have four bridles for two horses that don't even go to shows or out in public, but here I am.
Western bridle with bling, love bling

5. Stable blanket-No reason for me to have one of these since my horses mostly live out so I need something waterproof. I guess stable blankets make more sense for people who have horses inside more often, or who go to a lot of shows...they do come in some cute patterns and colors though hmm...
SmartPak Stable Sheet - SmartPink - 84


That's all for now! What about you? Any horse product new to the market or otherwise that you just aren't going to buy? I'd love to hear! 





3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Pretty much everything is on my anti-haul list because I'm about to buy a saddle and be broke af hahah.

    ReplyDelete