Monday, December 12, 2016

10 questions for December

Does your horse need shoes? Yes they both have front shoes with borium 

What do you think of the barefoot vs shoes debate? 
If your horse needs them how is it even a debate?

Favorite season for riding? Summer obviously! all the other seasons around here are basically winter anyway sooo...



How many shows do you think you’ve gone to? I'm not sure? a bunch in high school, 1 in college, 1 post college/grad school

That one time I went to a show
Do you consider yourself a good rider? No I'm pretty bad actually lol

How experienced do you think someone needs to be to own a horse? It depends, if you are boarding at a full care facility with experienced staff little to none. If you expect to keep the horse at home you should at least know basic feeding guidelines and first aid/vaccine/deworming protocols. The hardest part for me to learn was all the property maintenance things such as how to hang gates, fix fence, mow, drive the tractor, spread manure, manage pastures etc. etc.
Driving the trailer is hard also
Have you ever gotten into a fight with your trainer? I don't have a trainer

Describe your dream horse. Chromed out! (see below) 





Does anyone in your family ride? No but my husband rides and grew up riding with his dad 





If you could ride any horse in the world, which one would it be? why? George, the hackney x clyde I used to ride for the people I worked for at the time, he was sold to a great home in the midwest. He was a seriously amazing mover and had a great, honest jump. 





4 comments: