Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Wherein we tour the arenas of York county

As most of you know I don't have my own arena (or even a flat-ish place to ride) so my usual options for riding are: 1. My driveway 2. Hills on my property 3. Haul for trail riding. This weekend I figured I would try something different and haul to some nearby arenas. On Saturday I took Chester to a farm only a few miles from my house where I can pay to use the indoor and outdoor.
We started out in the indoor which had really nice rubberized footing, Chester settled in really quick and was a good boy!
Since this farm also has an outdoor we headed out there to walk around and cool down. He was definitely a little more "looky" out there which was interesting since he is much less so when trail riding!

On Sunday we went trail riding at Spring Valley park in western tack. To my surprise their big arena was open so I got to ride Chester in there! The Spring Valley arena is awesome and HUGE I wish it was open more frequently because the size is very inviting and it is useful for schooling the canter on young horses. Chester has been in this arena once before and he seems to really like it.

Not a great picture (still from video) but I wanted to show the size of the arena at Spring Valley!


2 comments:

  1. Ooh fancy footing! It's good to ride in different spots. Wish I had a trailer or some other options nearby (besides ditches/hay fields).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really lucky to have this arena to rent!...trying to squeeze in as much riding as possible before the time changes and it is dark all the time :(

      Delete