Tuesday, July 19, 2016

10 Questions for July

Blog hop from Viva Carlos

1. Do you actually always pick the horse’s feet? Always? Really? Usually I do before a ride, but I only ride around once a week soooo...

2. What is the biggest obstacle/reason preventing you from becoming a professional or competing full time with ease? I really have no desire to compete anymore...I'm not actually good at riding...shows are expensive etc. etc. 

3. Do you think it will ever not be about the money? Nope

4. Was there ever a horse that you loved and really wanted to have a connection with, but it just never panned out? Details. I worked with a mare in college that the owner was afraid to ride, I never really hit it off with her. She was a nice horse though and the owner ended up being able to sell her on after I rode her for a while, so I'm proud of the work I did. 

5. What is one weakness in your riding that even your trainer doesn’t pick up on, only you? I sit crooked/twist my shoulders, some people see it others don't but it is definitely there. 


6. What is the biggest doubt/insecurity you ask or tell yourself in your head? Since I'm not moving forward with my riding and don't ride often there is no point in continuing.  


7. There is a barn fire. You are the first person to discover it and see that the roof is collapsing in slowly, and you can tell that it’s going to come down any time. Do you call people first, or head in straight to save the horses? Open the doors and call 911? I don't think anyone can really predict what they would do in a situation like this.

8. What is one event in your riding career/horse/anything that you’re still not over, even though you might tell others you are? I fell off during an opening day hunt and got reamed for it by the other members for the entire 3+ hours left of hunting afterward, I don't really hunt anymore because of it.  

9. If you could tell off one person you just don’t like, what would you say? I think my success so far speaks for itself, so I wouldn't say anything. 

10. Have you ever seen questionable riding or training practices, but let it go/ignored it? How do you feel about it in hindsight? Probably? How other people ride/train does not really have anything to do with me so I don't see why I would get involved. 







4 comments: