Thursday, March 17, 2016

Review: Roma miracle brush

I got mine from a local tack store but you can find them online here.


I love grooming supplies of all types and was pretty skeptical the first time I saw one of these plastic "magic/miracle" brushes, but for only about 2 bucks I figured I would give them a try. Here is what I found: 

Great for:
Removing crusted-on mud from winter coats
Cleaning muddy legs when horses come in from the field
Quick grooming touch ups-fits nicely in your pocket
Brushing off sweaty saddle marks after riding
Removing dried mud/sweat from saddle pads and blankets
Scrubbing buckets/water troughs in a pinch

Not the best for: 
Very thin skinned horses-my thin skinned TB actually does not mind if for getting mud off his legs, but he is not a fan on more ticklish spots  
Heavy shedding (the hair gets stuck in bristles really easily-I prefer a shedding blade)

Overall I really like this brush and have been using it all winter for quick grooming and removing mud (which we have had an abundance of this year). I will probably use it as a bathing scrubber this summer as well. As you can see in the picture after a winter of constant use some of the bristles along the edges have bent but that doesn't really seem to effect use and hey, it was $2!




1 comment:

  1. Interesting, might give that brush a try! 2 bucks is my kind of price :D

    ReplyDelete