Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My horses!

I am starting this blog to post updates/progress on my 2 horses and life on the farm.

Speck

Speck is a 14.2 hh gaited TWH/spotted saddle horse, he is 11 years old. I got Speck when I was living in Tennessee and spent many hours trail riding some of the most beautiful places in East TN including the Smokey mountains. Speck loves other horses and especially enjoys group trail rides, he is also my foxhunting horse.


Frosty Noggin "Frosty" 

Frosty is a Welsh x Appendix, she is around 14.1 hh and is 12 years old. I got Frosty during my move to Pennsylvania last year, she previously had a career as a show pony and loves to jump. Frosty's easygoing and adventurous personality made it easy to make her into a trail horse! I have taken her to several hunter pace/paper chase events but my favorite activity with her is trail riding and jumping natural obstacles on the trail. We are lucky to have access to some cross country jumps at a local park as well as the use of a nearby indoor for ring work. 


Lucky Draw Farm

The 11 acres of insanity that we call home! The farm has been an ongoing project...I am lucky to have a very patient and knowledgeable husband! 





No comments:

Post a Comment