Friday, October 21, 2016

Questions for October

Questions from the always fabulous Viva Carlos!

What do you consider “jumping high” for yourself? I don't really jump anymore...I was going to teach Chester but meh 

What are your short term goals for riding? Do you think you’ll reach them? -- 1 weekday ride plus 2 weekend rides until daylight savings...hopefully!

Long term goals for riding? Do you think you’ll reach them? Have my own arena, go to a horsemanship clinic and try western dressage...I'm not sure? 


How many barns have you been at in your riding career? Several for lessons as a kid, 3 boarding barns, and my current place




How many different trainers have you been with in your riding career? Several as a kid, but only 1 for an extended period, 2 as an adult for (very!) occasional lessons. My riding career was shaped most by a friend who I worked for she wasn't my "trainer" I guess but taught me all the most important things I know about horses today. 


Ever worked at a barn? What did you do? Oh yes! and still do on weekends. Clean stalls, water, turn in/out, first aid/meds, stack hay...other tasks as assigned LOL



Have you ever given a lesson? What level was the rider? Nope

What is your opinion on the accuracy of critiquing riders online? I don't do it and don't appreciate others who attempt it on me

What is the ideal height of a horse for you? I love my 14.2 mare, but in reality she is probably too short for me. I rode 17.1+ horses for a while and that was definitely too big. I'd say Chester's size (16.1-16.2) is great!


Short?

Tall?

Just right?



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a team of 4 driving horses I worked with them on riding/foxhunting, they were all every bit of 17.1, huge!

      Delete
  2. I don't think you look too tall on the 14.2 mare honestly. I used to be really set on 16hh+ horses for myself (I'm 6 feet) and my babies both decided to stopping growing at 15.3hh...and I look fine on them! :) I like your short term goals, mine are very similar at the moment.

    ReplyDelete