Monday, August 22, 2016

SmartPak Piper Knit breeches review

Find them here
Retail: $69.95

I had been eyeing these for a few months before I finally decided to buy when SmartPak had a 20% off sale. The original Pipers never really appealed to me, I couldn't find a color I liked and heard of some fit issues. These knit pipers came in a solid color I was interested in (charcoal) and seemed like a heavier fabric and possibly better fit than the original version.

I ordered 1 size down from my usual per instructions on the SmartPak website and they fit perfectly! The fabric is a heavier knit "yoga pants" like material and is very stretchy and forgiving. I don't think they would work for the hottest summer days but will be great for fall/spring and maybe even winter with leggings underneath. The knee patches are a self patch with a silicon grip design, they look really unique and provide the perfect amount of grip. I have not washed them yet, it will be interesting to see how the silicon holds up. 
Silicon knee patches and my awesome leopard socks
The fabric does attract some dog/horse hair...but hey, what dark color doesn't?
The overall fit on me was excellent, I am very picky about breeches and HATE when they gap in the back, these have a stretchy waist band which did not gap at all even without a belt yet wasn't overly constricting.

No gap waist band, hooray!
The Piper Knits have some really cute details in addition to the silicon knee patches. I loved that the front pockets were big enough to fit a few treats and my cell phone. They also have a cute Piper logo on the bum! I think these are a great value for the money if you are looking for a fun, comfortable pair of breeches!

Pockets!
Cute logo on the back!



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I didn't think they showed dirt any worse than my other breeches...I did get a dark color though! The fabric is really similar to yoga pants

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really like them! Maybe they will do another sale soon!

      Delete