Monday, January 25, 2016

Wherein I bitch about the weather

In my last post I talked a little about not riding because of the abundance of mud and lack of good footing, but was excited about the fact that at least mud meant there wasn't snow.
That bit me in the ass this weekend.
York county got around 30" of snow Friday night into all day Saturday. And it was miserable. And still is. And I hate it.

I have 2 pissed off horses stuck in the barn and 3 pissed off dogs stuck in the house.
I also have a new horse (Chester), new saddle, and new trailer, none of which I can enjoy because of the literally thigh deep snow...also because my truck died and is in the shop.
HOWEVER, our power did stay on so we had water for the animals throughout the storm AND John has a backhoe...we would not be dug out to the point we are now without it or him (I am hopeless at running equipment, unless you count a pitchfork and shovel as equipment).


I am beyond ready for Spring and ready to trail ride again.
Sorry for the rant post!

2 comments: